IBA - 31st Annual Conference on the Globalisation of Investment Funds
| Conferences and seminars - New York
On 22-24 May, the IBA organised a conference in New York, which addressed key topics relevant to asset management and investment fund lawyers and also provided ample opportunities for networking amongst delegates.
On Monday 23 May, Partner Yves Elvinger moderated a panel on Environmental, social and governance (ESG) engagement and sustainable finance: where are we heading and what new opportunities are there? The discussion focused on:
- Initiatives in the US, Asia-Pacific, and Europe
- Investor expectations: a common view or regional differences?
- Investor disclosures and the greenwashing risks
- ESG data – the key and challenge for sustainable finance
- How to use ESG to drive innovation
- Social and governance components – how the Ukraine war affects ESG investments
Our firm was also a headline social event sponsor of the conference.