Karl Pardaens’ principal fields of activity are corporate law, securitisation, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial and securities law, and aviation law.
Karl is also involved in Fintech developments, more particularly in relation to digital ledger technologies (DLT) such as blockchains, smart contracts and virtual currencies.
- Elvinger Hoss Prussen advised Carlyle on the acquisition of Meopta
- Sustainability-linked Revolving Credit Facility
- Elvinger Hoss Prussen advised Apollo in connection with the establishment of Apollo Accord+ Fund, SCSp
- Elvinger Hoss Prussen advised Apollo in connection with the set-up and close of Apollo Hybrid Value Overseas Partners (Lux) II, SCSp
- Iconex - acquisition and financing
Career and memberships
Member of the Securitisation Committee of ALFI (Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry).
Member of the Digital Strategy Committee of ABBL (The Luxembourg Bankers' Association).
Prior to joining the firm, Karl worked as an associate with the Brussels office of two major international law firms.
Member of the Luxembourg Bar since 2008.
Member of the Luxembourg Bar under his home title in 2005.
Member of the Brussels Bar since 1999.
Master of Arts’ degree in applied European studies from the Fachhochschule Mainz (Germany) and the London South Bank University (UK).
Licence en droit magna cum laude from the Université catholique de Louvain (Belgium) with Erasmus at Georg-August-Universität Göttingen (Germany).
Candidat en droit from the Facultés Universitaires Notre-Dame de la Paix, Namur (Belgium).
- Issues with trading of tokenized securities in Luxembourg: the DLT Pilot Regime as solution?
- The future of issuance and trading of tokens (other than Financial Instruments) in Luxembourg: a MiCA preliminary analysis
- Tokenised securities in Luxembourg: concept and legal considerations to be taken into account upon an issuance