Sophie Dupin’s practice concentrates on asset management and regulated entities (management companies, AIFMs, investment firms and other professionals of the financial sector servicing investment funds or acting within the asset management field, such as registrar agents, depositary banks, administrative agents, domiciliation agents, distributors).
Sophie advises these regulated professionals in relation to the set-up, structuring and administration of their Luxembourg activities. This includes advice on initial and ongoing matters, as well as operational, regulatory, anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-financing of terrorism (CFT), outsourcing and cross-border activities .
She supports clients examining new or existing compliance programmes, during on-site/off-site visits from public authorities, investigations and proceedings, as well as dealing with observations and sanctions from public authorities and defending claims.
In particular, Sophie provides tailored regulatory advice to Luxembourg regulated professionals on topics as diverse as MiFID, AML/CFT, outsourcing, IT and cloud infrastructure, environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters.
- Azimut Investments tokenizes units of one of its Luxembourg investment funds in collaboration with BNP Paribas and Allfunds Blockchain
- Blackstone Announced $5.6 Billion Final Close of Second GP Stakes Fund
- Blackstone Announces Final Close of Blackstone Growth (BXG) Fund with $4.5 Billion, Largest First-time Growth Equity Vehicle in History
- Blackstone Announced $8 Billion Final Close of Second Core Private Equity Fund
- Advent raises $2 billion for the Latin American private equity fund "VII"
Career and memberships
Member of various working groups of ALFI (Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry).
Member of the "Directors forum" of ILA (Institut Luxembourgeois des Administrateurs).
Member and adviser to the board of ALCO (Association Luxembourgeoise des Compliance Officers).
Prior to joining the firm, she worked in law firms in Bordeaux (France).
Member of the Luxembourg Bar since 2010.
Admitted to the Luxembourg Bar under her home title in 2004.
Member of the Bordeaux Bar from 2001 to 2010.
DESS (diplôme d’études supérieures spécialisées) in business law and tax from the Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV (France).
Certificate in English law from the University of Warwick (UK).
Maîtrise en droit from the Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV (France).