Xavier Le Sourne’s practice concentrates on investment fund structuring and collective asset management. He advises a number of regulated or non-regulated financial institutions in relation to the set-up of their Luxembourg investment funds or acquisition structures.
More particularly, Xavier advises private equity, venture capital firms and real estate sponsors willing to expand their presence in Europe.
Xavier headed our Hong Kong office as resident partner between September 2015 and June 2022.
Xavier is listed in Who’s Who Legal, Legal 500, Chambers & Partners Global and in IFLR1000.
- Elvinger Hoss Prussen assisted NREP to set up its 5th Nordic Strategies Fund which as of May 2023 raised over $3.6 billion in total commitments
- Elvinger Hoss Prussen assisted Sienna Investment Managers to setup Sienna Startup Nation
- Elvinger Hoss Prussen assisted Collateral Good Ventures to further promote sustainability in the food-related (packaging, waste) sectors
- NREP enters real estate credit market
- Altamar Capital Partners elected "Fund of Funds Manager of the Year in EMEA"
Career and memberships
Member of the LPEA (Luxembourg Private Equity and Venture Capital Association).
Co-Chair of the LPEA’s Legal Committee between 2012 and 2015.
Member of the Real Estate Investment Funds Publications working group, the Private Equity and Venture Capital Funds sub-committee and the Hong Kong sub-committee of ALFI (Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry).
Member of the Regulatory Sub-Committee of the HKIFA (Hong Kong Investment Funds Association).
Foreign Registered Lawyer with the Law Society of Hong Kong since 2015.
Member of the Luxembourg Bar since 2005.
LLM in corporate law from the Universität Bayreuth (Germany).
Maîtrise en droit from the Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV (France).
- Luxembourg as a gateway to the global investment fund industry / 中国资管经理在卢森堡设立基金的优势 —— 相较于其他离岸司法管辖区设立基金的条件分析
- La délégation des fonctions de gestion et de dépositaire dans les fonds d’investissement - analyse juridique et fiscale
- Investment Funds 2013 - Luxembourg
- The EuVECA Label - New Opportunities ahead for Venture Capital and Luxembourg
- The Special Limited Partnership